I’ve been super excited for the future of the local beauty community because our very own Filipino brands have been stepping up their game. (Yes, Careline liquid lipstick review is next on my list) Today, I’ll be talking about the new Ever Bilena blushes. My friend, Nika, actually told me about these blushers and how good they are.Read More »
I think it’s always a must for a beauty junkie to have at least one good lip tint. It’s for those days when you’re in a rush and just need to get out of that door and get your day started. It’s for those who want to bring life and color to their face without putting much products (and effort).
There is nothing better than being able to support Philippine-made products so here is my first entry for BEST PHILIPPINE-MADE BEAUTY PRODUCTS.
- Nichido Liquid Eye Liner (68php) – This was the first liquid eye liner I ever used and I think I had gone through about three or four tubes of this until I started exploring other brands. I really like it because first of all, the price. I always recommend this to those who are just getting into make up because I don’t want them to be spending so much on make up they’re just learning to use. Second is the wand. It’s super thin and flimsy letting you create thin cat eyes. Some people say that flimsier applicators are harder to use but come to think about it, if you get used to this hard-to-use applicator, then you’ll have an ease doing liner using other kinds of wands, right? Another is that it dries matte. If you’re not a fan of matte liquid eyeliner then this isn’t for you. It doesn’t have the best staying power compared to the Inglot Gel Liner I’m using now but it’s really not that bad. It’s a good everyday eyeliner that won’t break the bank.
- Nichido Matte Lipsticks (188php) – I remember this was my first ever red lipstick. (Throwback to early college days!) It’s very matte, very pigmented, and it comes with a small pot of balm in the same color if you want to opt for a satin finish. So you’re basically getting three looks in one products. It does feel creamy on the lips, not stiff at all.
- Ever Bilena Lipiners (100php) – What I’ve noticed with most local cosmetic brands is that they have such a limited range of colors which are mostly browns. Good thing for Ever Bilena is that they have some really nice ones. I got the shade Deep Pink for me and a friend. I’m a morena and my friend is pretty fair so this bright pink can look good on both fair skinned ladies and morena beautes. You can go matchy-matchy with your friends now! It’s also really creamy and does not tug the lips upon application.
- Bobbie Cosmetics Lash Line Brightener (99php) – I love this stuff! For quite some time now I’ve been looking for a really good but cheap flesh-tone liner for the waterline and I finally found it. It’s really long and for the small amount of product you need, this will last you ages. Definitely a back for your buck! It’s super creamy, it’s matte, it’s not too bright, and it stays. I also use this to clean up the edges of my brows and as a brow bone and nose highlight. Super versatile!
- Bobbie Cosmetics Retractable Eyebrow Pencil (119php) – This has got to be the tiniest eyebrow pencil I’ve used! It’s so good for making a super sharp tail which I personally love. I want to love this product so much but I find that I only get little use of the product since it’s super thin and short. I also broke the pencil thrice I think. It’s super delicate. I’ll probably repurchase this but I know I’ll have to be extra careful with using this.
- Fashion21 Double Up Mascara (225php) – This is a highly-talked about mascara for a lot of Filipina beauty junkies and I’ve actually written a review on this. You can read my review by clicking this link!
There you go! The first part of my BEST PHILIPPINE MADE BEAUTY PRODUCTS. I’m super excited to explore more brands and try out their products.
Follow my online store
Every time my friends ask me about cheap, but good quality mascaras, I’d always tell them about Fashion21’s Double Up Mascara. Fashion21 is one of the Philippine’s local cosmetic brands. I’ll be honest, I’m not really a fan of a lot of our local cosmetic brands but this mascara really stood out. So when I do find local make up items that I love, I really do keep on repurchasing them because I want to support our own local makers.
I solemnly swear that this is, by far, the cheapest brush set you will find in the Philippines. Not having access to the awesomeness of the drugstore beauty products in the U.S. is a struggle us Filipino beauty junkies share. We may have the common drugstore brands here like Maybelline, Loreal, or Revlon but they’d usually be so much more expensive due to the cost of importing those products. And as for tools, we really don’t have access to the brands we could only hear from watching YouTube beauty gurus like Desi Perkins, Jaclyn Hill, and of course, Michelle Phan. Brands like BH Cosmetics, Costal Scents, Make up Geek are those that are known to be super cheap but of really good quality. You’d either have to scout online (but they’d end up being quite expensive too) or if you’re lucky, you can ask a relative or friend from the U.S. to bring you home some pasalubong (homecoming gift) or include them in the balikbayan box (repatriate box or a box of goodies overseas workers bring home to their families). So when I found this brush set, I got myself one and I want to share my thoughts on them to you.
Hey! I’m Carmela. I’m a 22-year old Education major from the South of Metro Manila and I love art. I love the art of photography, film, design, and make up. That’s why I’ve created this blog–to talk about make up. Since I’m the kind of person who cannot stop talking about make up, I thought, why not create a blog dedicated to make up and everyone who loves make up? It totally was a no-brainer.
In this blog, I’ll be putting up all sorts of blog entries about beauty products. I have so much in mind like reviews, recommendations, regrets (we all get that from time to time), hacks, and maybe tutorials too. I’m so excited to share with you this love for make up so I hope you enjoy my blog!